It’s getting cold outside (we’re from Sweden) but on AlternativeTo it’s definitely heating up! We have been hard at work trying to enhance the look and feel of the site, and as always we added new features and got rid of some bugs as well.
- New startpage with featured applications.
- Updated design across the site.
- Automatic userlevel system.
- User profiles have been updated with support for Gravatar and the option to show what country you are from. More updates on the profile will come in the near future.
- Public “points” system. Points are based on your actions on AlternativeTo and your total amount of points is displayed on your profile. And of course there is a list of the top contributors.
- You will now see how many likes an app have in all types of application lists.
- In order to keep the lists of alternatives as correct as it possible we have made it easier for you to alert us when something is wrong. Please use the link called “Not an alternative?” when you find something that is wrong.
- New RSS feed with the latest applications with more than 10 likes. You find the links to all RSS feeds in the sidebar.
- Every application now have a information tab with some basic info about the application and some stats.
As always, please give us feedback if you have anything to share. Thank you!